Auto-Owners Insurance is one of our excellent insurance carriers. They have written up an excellent informational article about homeowners insurance and some things about it that you might not have been informed of!
Here’s the quick list:
- It’s smart to work with an Independent Insurance Agent
- Homeowners insurance policies often don’t cover water damage
- Homeonwers insurance policies have exclusions and limitations on coverage. You should know what they are
- You should let your agent know if you make midifications or improvements to your home
- Having a personal home inventory list can be very helpful in the claims process
- Coverage amounts may not actually be the same as the cost of your house
- Cheapest is not always best. Sometimes you get less then you pay for.
Read the full article here: https://www.auto-owners.com/ao-blog/-/blogs/7-things-nobody-tells-you-about-homeowners-insurance
The Liveoak Agency is here to provide extensive insurance selections for your home, business and property. Call us for a policy review of your insurance today!