A patch of gravel or a sudden deluge can ruin a perfectly good Saturday ride. Protect others, protect yourself, and of course, protect your bike, with comprehensive coverage motorcycle insurance from Liveoak Agency, Inc.
In Alabama, a certain amount of coverage is not a choice. Motorcycles, street-legal mopeds, and scooters all fall under Alabama’s Mandatory Liability Insurance Law. As with automobiles, motorcycle owners are required to hold a certain amount of liability coverage.
Not sure if you are holding the right amount of coverage? Liveoak Agency, Inc. can help. A Liveoak agent can review your policy to ensure compliance with state law, as well as create a comprehensive policy based on your needs.
Types of Liability Insurance
To be compliant with Alabama state law, your liability insurance policy should include both bodily injury liability and property damage liability coverage. These policies will cover costs incurred, up to the limits of your policy, if you are the cause of injuries to a third party or damage to a third party’s property.
Additionally, if the injured party files a lawsuit against you, your liability coverage will pay your legal costs up to the limits of your policy. Otherwise, you will be held personally responsible for the payment of any costs incurred beyond your coverage terms. Keep this in mind as you set the caps for your liability policies.
Other Types of Coverage to Consider
In addition to the required liability coverage, there are several non compulsory policy options for additional protection. Liveoak Agency, Inc. can help you put together a comprehensive policy with the best price available. Optional coverage includes:
- Collision: helps pay for accident-related damage to your bike.
- Comprehensive: helps pay for damage to your bike resulting from a covered loss other than collision, such as vandalism, theft, or fire.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists: helps pay for medical bills and/or damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in an accident with a driver who has inadequate insurance or no insurance at all.
Factors That Can Affect Your Premium
Bear in mind that several elements can affect the amount of your insurance premium, including:
- The type, style, and age of your motorcycle.
- Your age.
- The number of miles you typically drive in a year.
- How and where you store your motorcycle.
Some insurers offer discounts based on certification and other considerations. Ask your Liveoak Agency, Inc. agent if you qualify for a discount. Liveoak Agency, Inc.is an independent insurer and will compare providers until we find the right price for you.